Our Mission is:
To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
To that end we desire to equip the people of Africa with an understanding of the principles of the Kingdom of God in order to transform their lives.
These are the principles:
1. Community: We believe in the pre-eminence of living in community, with respect for our neighbors and the world that we share. Scripture: I Cor. 12:12-27
2. Servanthood: We follow the example of Jesus Christ in making ourselves servants to others; we live and teach in the spirit of servant leadership. Scripture: John 13:1-17
3. Focus on the Least: Just as Christ focused his work on people at the margins of community, we commit ourselves to the poorest and most marginalized of our community. Scripture: Matt. 25:31-46
4. Trusteeship: We believe that all that we have is a gift. Not only are we good stewards of those gifts, but we are trustees, building a future for the people and places of Central Africa. Scripture: Matt. 21:33-46
5. Nonviolence: We have seen war and seen the great evil and devastation that it wreaks on its innocent victims. We commit ourselves to the message of peace found in the teachings of Jesus Christ: "Blessed are the peacemakers." Scripture: Matt. 5:38-48 and Matt. 21:1-17
6. Motivation by Love: We make love our greatest aim, seeking to love God and our neighbors as instructed by Christ. Compassionate love, as described by St. Paul in I Corinthinians 13, is our guide and the standard against which we measure all of our endeavors. Scripture: I Cor. 13
7. Unity: Just as Christ prayed for unity in his last prayer for his disciples, so we pray that we find unity in our lives and work. We commit ourselves to the sacredness of all of life, work, and the world - so that we might indeed be One. Scripture: Luke 13:18, Acts 11:19-21